- •Obstetric brachial plexus palsy causes restriction in activities of daily living.
- •Unaffected upper extremities of the patients function significantly worse.
- •This difference seems to disappear as the patients grow up.
- •Rehabilitation programs may play an important role this improvement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Paediatric Neurology
- Brakial Pleksus Yaralanmaları.Türk Nöroşirurji Dergisi. 2005; 15: 227-249
- Pediatric rehabilitation.Demos Medical Publishing, New York2010
- Concepts of functioning and health important to children with an obstetric brachial plexus injury: a qualitative study using focus groups.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2013; 55: 1136-1142
- Evaluation and management of brachial plexus birth palsy.Orthop Clin N Am. 2014; 45: 225-232
- The contralateral unimpaired arm as a control for upper extremity kinematic analysis in children with brachial plexus birth palsy.J Pediatr Orthop. 2007; 27: 709-711
- Obstetric brachial plexus injuries: assessment protocol and functional outcome at age 5 years.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1998; 40: 4-11
- Aspects of activities and participation of 7–8 year-old children with an obstetric brachial plexus injury.Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2011; 15: 345-352
- Wm. C. Brown Publishers, Dubuque1992 Human anatomy and physiology. 2nd ed.
- Clinical reality of measuring upper-limb ability in neurologic conditions: a systematic review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 221-228
- Measuring dexterity in children using the nine-hole peg test.J Hand Ther. 2005; 18: 348-351
- Cause and effect of obstetric (neonatal) brachial plexus palsy.Acta Paediatr Scand. 1988; 77: 357-364
- Novel findings in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: a study of corpus callosum volumetry and resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging of sensorimotor network.Neurosurgery. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyx495
- Increased brain activation during motor imagery suggests central abnormality in Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy.Neurosci Res. 2017; 123: 19-26
- Interventions to improve fundamental motor skills in pre-school aged children: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Sci Med Sport. 2017; 20: 658-666
- Pain relief in osteoarthritis: patients' willingness to risk medication-induced gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and cerebrovascular complications.J Rheumatol. 2007; 34: 1569-1575
- Influences of gender and socioeconomic status on the motor proficiency of children in the UK.Hum Mov Sci. 2015; 44: 150-156
- Obstetric brachial plexus palsy: a prospective, population-based study of incidence, recovery, and residual impairment at 18 months of age.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2010; 52: 529-534
- Motor skill development in low-income, at-risk preschoolers: a community-based longitudinal intervention study.J Sci Med Sport. 2017; 20: 997-1002
- Limb preference in children with obstetric brachial plexus palsy.Pediatr Neurol. 2005; 33: 46-49
- The development of hand preference in children: the effect of task demands and links with manual dexterity.Brain Cognit. 2009; 71: 99-107