- •Rituximab is an effective treatment option in moderate to severe juvenile myasthenia gravis.
- •Post rituximab treatment there is reduction in hospital admissions related to myasthenia gravis and also need for immunomodulatory treatment.
- •Commonest side effect with rituximab is infusion-related reactions and these respond well to standard symptomatic treatments.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Paediatric Neurology
- Management of juvenile myasthenia gravis.Front. Neurol. 2020 Jul 24; 11: 743
- Clinical features and diagnostic usefulness of antibodies to clustered acetylcholine receptors in the diagnosis of seronegative myasthenia gravis.JAMA Neurol. 2015 Jun; 72: 642-649
- Paediatric myasthenia gravis: prognostic factors for drug free remission.Neuromuscul. Disord. 2020 Feb; 30: 120-127
- Rituximab, an anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody: history and mechanism of action.Am. J. Transplant. 2006 May; 6: 859-866
- Rituximab treatment of myasthenia gravis: a systematic review.Muscle Nerve. 2017; 56: 185-219
- Rituximab in AChR subtype of myasthenia gravis: systematic review. Journal of Neurology.Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 2020; 91: 392-395
- Clinical features and evolution of juvenile myasthenia gravis in a French cohort.Muscle Nerve. 2018; 57: 603e609
- Selective response to rituximab in a young child with MuSK-associated myasthenia gravis.Neuromuscul. Disord. 2015; 25: 651e652
- Rituximab treatment in myasthaenia gravis: report of two paediatric cases.Sultan Qaboos Univ. Med. J. 2018; 18 (e223ee227)
- Rituximab in severe seronegative juvenile myasthenia gravis: review of the literature.Pediatr. Neurol. 2012 Sep; 47: 209-212
Zingariello CD, Melissa EE, Kang PB. Rituximab as adjunct maintenance therapy for refractory juvenile myasthenia gravis. Pediatr Neurol.
- Successful treatment of refractory myasthenia gravis using rituximab: a pediatric case report.J. Pediatr. 2003 Nov; 143: 674-677
- Rituximab for the treatment of refractory pediatric autoimmune diseases: a case series.Cases J. 2009; 2: 6609
- Muscle specific kinase autoimmune myasthenia gravis in children: a case series.Neuromuscul. Disord. 2013; 23: 874-882
- Longstanding and refractory anti-muscle specific tyrosine kinase antibody-associated myasthenia gravis (Anti-MuSK-MG) in a child successfully treated with rituximab.J. Binocul. Vis. Ocul. Motil. 2019; 69: 26-29
- Rituximab for severe myasthenia gravis–experience from five patients.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2010 Oct; 122: 225-228
- The use of rituximab in myasthenia gravis and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2011 Jun; 82: 671-673
- Myasthenia gravis: recommendations for clinical research standards. Task force of the medical scientific advisory board of the myasthenia gravis foundation of America.Neurology. 2000; 55: 16-23
- 2018 Emerging science abstracts: B-cell targeted treatment in myasthenia gravis (BeatMG) - a phase 2 trial of rituximab in myasthenia gravis: topline results.Neurology. 2018; 90: e2182-e2194
- Long-term follow-up after rituximab for steroid-dependent idiopathic nephrotic syndrome.Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 2012 May; 27: 1910-1915
- Efficacy and safety of rituximab in the management of pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic review.J. Pediatr. 2017 Aug; 187: 213-219
- Efficacy and safety of rituximab for minors with immune thrombocytopenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Int. Med. Res. 2020 Oct; 48 (300060520962348)https://doi.org/10.1177/0300060520962348
- Rituximab therapy has a rapid and durable response for refractory cytopenia in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus.Lupus. 2015; 24: 966-972
- Rituximab-associated Hypogammaglobulinemia in pediatric patients with autoimmune diseases.Pediatr. Rheumatol. Online J. 2019 Aug 28; 17: 61
- Single-cycle rituximab-induced immunologic changes in children: enhanced in neuroimmunologic disease?.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2020 May 6; 7: e724